Monday, July 29, 2013

The Day After

So, I didn't hear from any mega powerful, national news producer...and I was all like, WHAAAAT!?!  This is the second time I've been right within reaching distance of the brass ring. First there was a piece on Today that my name was given to and now another free trip to NYC and a spot on national television to promote a healthier lifestyle has passed me by too. Not to mention that I really wanted to meet Robin Roberts too. The woman documented her battle against cancer. She's such an inspiration... Man, it's like being the understudy to the lead in the Shakespeare play or receiving honorable mention in my high school talent show all over again!

Then I remembered that I still had some frozen, low carb margarita mix stashed away in the freezer and two sips later, I was in a more accepting mood.



Clarity settled in, and I realized that it didn't matter who was chosen because the message would have been the same.  I can't lie and say it wouldn't have been nice to be on television, but it's not why I drink a protein shake every morning and have come to understand a state known as sweating a few times a week.  I ultimately did it for myself; to be stronger, feel better, and live a fuller life.  If it affects anyone else to do the same, (whether it's through large scale public recognition or not), then I accomplished more than what I set out to do.  That's good news too.                                                                                                                                        


                            



No comments:

Post a Comment