Thursday, August 1, 2013

Going

Why have I not gone through any boxes in 8 years and just let things accumulate? How could I afford so many books? Who still has all of their CDS from the 90's? Did I really have to save each card, school notebook, or report I ever had? And what's up with smooshing the only four barbie dolls I owned along with all of their 80's fashions into an old wine box?

 It's just an overwhelming pile of stuff on top of stuff that never goes away! I now understand and forgive my mother for throwing away many of my childhood mementos and some of my wedding decor. She's right not to be so attached to inanimate objects. Not that I'm a scary level pack rat but I've seen organizers teach the people on Hoarders to just take pictures of it.

At this point I would much rather have one box that contained everything that I really needed but it's so hard to donate those fierce five inch heels. Sure, I have never taken them out of the box for more than 10 seconds because I walk like a new born on the verge of falling when I do, but still. One day I might gain some coordination and really need them to pick up some milk. And how I could I ever part with that my favorite childhood book, any of my children's artwork/school work, or my father's belongings?

 The whole process of packing belongings into boxes seems easy enough but when you start getting hung up going down memory lane,you don't notice time passing and you end up getting lost in the clutter. I've been at this for days, trying to sort through stuff to so we can walk through our garage one day and am slightly overwhelmed by the magnitude of our possessions. We had so many garbage bags that sanitation truck refused to take them!?! I'm ready to go now, simplify, and start fresh.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment