Sunday, February 23, 2014

No Words


What do you say when an 80 something year old man starts waxing poetic about his sexual liaisons from  days of old in graphic detail?  When the words, "She never wore any panties" start spewing out of  his mouth like a flash of lightning out of nowhere. Is, " What the fuck, that's enough, get the hell away from me you sick pervert!" professional enough?

 I thought this customer who hangs out at the pharmacy waiting for his bus every day was just a sweet, lonely old man who liked to have someone listen to his stories but now I am officially creeped out. I'm a nice person and I can't leave the pharmacy, but don't mistake my kindness and the fact that I am  there to help as an invitation to verbally molest me. I'm not your sweetheart or your honey or your imaginary girlfriend and I don't know why you would think it's appropriate to talk to me or any other woman about this.

  This incident occurred when most of the staff was out to lunch and I was the only one there, so imagine my uneasiness when polite conversation about Barney's coffee vs. Starbucks turned into raunchy retelling of some random tryst. How do you respond to that?

Thank God for scantily clad college girls bursting into the door to pick up their birth control with a side order of Adderall. I'm afraid the regular just might flash me next time we're alone.

It was definitely one of these, unforgettable kind of days...http://youtu.be/Y66j_BUCBMY

No comments:

Post a Comment