Tuesday, December 3, 2013

To Be Jolly

I've never seen a full episode of Jimmy Fallon's late night show but I have seen a lot of his musical skits and karaoke posted by friends on Facebook. There's a really great one out there featuring Joseph Gordon Levitt performing his ass off, (that's better than this one), where he lip syncs a song instead of singing it. It's a genius concept, especially for people who think they sound great when they sing but really have no business carrying a tune. They can opt out of the vocal gymnastics and just pour on the drama and fake it like a rock star. I liked the idea behind this particular clip being the holidays and all as well. I try to come up with parodies of songs too from time to time with my latest being a heart wrenching rendition of Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball that centers around cat hair. I prefer Carrie Underwood's tribute to this time of the year though. It perfectly describes just about every Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment