Saturday, July 20, 2013

Fairy Princess



This kills me.  It's my niece cheerfully displaying the new Tinkerbell outfit I found to kick off her second birthday.  She likes to play dress up and lights up when she sees tiaras and shoes, so of course I had to support her passion. (She's standing in matching green plastic heels with pom poms too.)

My sister in law is a strong, intelligent woman like all the women in my family are, but there's just something so undeniably sweet about all things girly.  Most of us are drawn to precious things because I think deep down inside women like to put on pretty clothes every once in a while no matter how much we don't want to admit it.  I mean, how else do you explain the obsession about finding just the right dress for baptism, the prom, and our wedding?

I don't have a daughter, so this is as close as I can get to living out that dream.  Yet, if I did, I think she would look a lot like G. and she would have a Tinkerbell costume hanging in her closet too right next to her colorful collection of combat boots. The only difference is that she would probably have a flowery headband and ballet shoes on to complete the fairy look.  I'm  not so sure I could fully commit to a sparkly crown and heels two sizes too big.

No comments:

Post a Comment