Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Oh My


Even from a young age, I have always looked up to my siblings in awe.  At times it made me jealous but that wasn't a bad thing.  It pushed me that much more to do my best to keep up with them and they all have their own talents to aspire to.  My older sister is the genius, my oldest brother is the athletic/good looking one, my youngest brother is the comedian/fun one, and my older brother is smart, cute, funny, and creative to boot.  His latest accomplishment is just more proof that he is a god among Bears too.  He is currently in his full glory, hamming it up on the cover of this months Bear World Magazine (www.bearworldmagazine.com).

It's really on now.  Something I wrote about maintaining weight loss might make it into Mediliving but I don't have a featured interview and I'm definitely not wearing a bear costume with my man standing shirtless behind me.  I don't even have an app with over two million people following me worldwide or a cameo in a Where the Bears Are either.  Jeez! Now I'm going to have to aim for a satellite appearance on Dr. Oz to discuss how to overcome a sugar addiction just to be able to stand in his presence.

In all seriousness I am extremely proud of him.  Ever since he was a geeky nerd with Coke bottle glasses he's always been interested in technology, (before PCs were even common place), and it's paid off.  He really is very involved in the Bear community and very social so it's no wonder he would create an awesome app just for his tribe.  He genuinely only wanted to make a better social network and never dreamed it would reach so many gay men or bring him this much recognition.  I just hope he got to keep the costume.

(Look out Daniel Day Lewis, my brother's look of bewilderment when he announces that "Someone got murdered inside the house!" is as convincing as your portrayal of Lincoln.) http://vimeo.com/wherethebearsare/wtba2ep02truthorbear







No comments:

Post a Comment