Monday, June 27, 2011

Ice Cream Jesus Sighting



I've heard of the Jesus potato chip, the grilled cheesus Jesus, and even the statue of Jesus on the cross that mysteriously "weeps", but have always been skeptical that such a phenomenon was real until now...

It all started with my ordinary weekly trip to the local grocery store. I was once again back at the church of Publix, but this time I had a new member to introduce to the congregation - my son. He was attending services for the first time in years as his birthday was fast approaching and his fear of me punishing him with some tasteless, low carb, fat free, plain vanilla frozen yogurt to match his equally delicious birthday cake was high. Normally I had to bribe him with the promise of a video game rental to help me get through my list, so not having to do this was a miracle in itself.

So there we were, steadily making our way to the checkout in what was supposed to be a quick, ten items or less kind of mass when his lack of faith in his ability to make decisions turned it into a pilgrimage. Many a painstaking minute ticked by as he walked up and down the aisle playing eeny meeny minny mo,(with the freezer door wide open), before he parted with his original choices and converted to another flavor altogether. It was a dead tie with the sinfully sweet s'mores in one hand and hella good snickers in the other, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted the blessed bunny tracks. Upon further pressing our faces against the glass door, it was clear that these weren't droppings but rather little chocolate covered peanut butter bunnies trapped in a caramel infused vanilla meadow! Without explanation, a wave of peace instantly washed over his heart wiping out any doubt that remained and his mind was made up. "I'll be damned mom, bunny tracks is the way!"

And judging from the vision under the lid, a smiley face within a smiley face, (aka Jesus in disguise), I'd say he was right. More proof that guidance is divine and that ice cream really is a little taste of heaven.

YouTube - Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus (Remastered Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment