Monday, March 7, 2011

That's What I'm Talking About



Nearly two years ago I was over a hundred pounds overweight. Then I started a weight loss plan at a little clinic two miles away from my house, lost the weight, and now my image is on banners, ads, and posters representing them????? I know it's custom for programs like this to advertise with before and after pictures of their patients, but I'm really just one of many who have lost a substantial amount of weight, so it still baffles me as to why I was singled out.

Not that I mind at all though. It may not seem that significant to other people, but to someone who, at the age of seven, had their mother sew them a pink, gunny sack communion dress because they didn't fit into the standard, beautiful white dress that all the other Irish Catholic girls paraded around in like princesses, and who continued to feel outcast for decades after because of her weight - it feels monumental.

With exposure like this, the cover of Italian Vogue, a leading role in the next Darren Aronofsky movie, and a major book deal with Random House are sure to follow. Just have to finish that tiny cameo in JT's video, (I promised him I would make an appearance), and it's as good as done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment