Monday, April 24, 2017

Day 23

 

                                                                  Coffee Break

     Today my mom turned 75.   I told her that I was coming up to Ohio to see my family at my niece's graduation party and that if there was anything she wanted to do, to make some plans. Her immediate response was Starbucks .  I took her there for the first time almost three years ago during the fall when pumpkin spice was all the rage.  She couldn't get over how people just hung out their with their newspaper, laptop or business associate just comfortably passing their time. It's across the street from her apartment.  She could walk there anytime, but hasn't.  She wanted me to be there with her.  Most people come to Florida to get away from it all while I'm looking forward to getting away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment