Friday, March 18, 2011

Sticking To It



The one green beer I had last night must not have agreed with me because today I feel as if I could float down the Majestic Shannon on the buoyancy of my belly bloat alone. I know, not exactly a pretty picture, but it's been a recurring problem ever since I hit my goal weight and probably one others can relate to as well. I eat a little more carbs here and there, (the good carbs), and it's like my body doesn't know what they are or how to digest them anymore. So they "fester" in my stomach, (which I now refer to as Fester), making me look and feel like I'm in my first trimester. Not only that but the discomfort has slowed me down with my workouts and the extra calories have added up to a couple of pounds in the last few months. Ugghhh! I've worked too hard to lose the weight and I'll be damned if I'm going to back track now!!!!!!

Luckily for me, Medi has, once again, come to the rescue. Today I received a package in the mail, a gift bag from the clinic for making the Top 10 in the cover model contest stocked with all the ingredients I need to protein it up anytime of the day for days. That's right, today's secret ingredient is... PROTEIN POWDER!!!!!

Over the last couple of years I've received enough shake recipes from Medi to become a certified shake mixologist but I've never tried them. Well, with the supply I've been given, it seems like that's all about to change. They even added in PB2 - powdered peanut butter! I know, it sounds a little gross but is actually a real, natural peanut butter that is made with peanuts but is much healthier and lower in calories while being just as tasty and comes in a chocolate version too. In fact, I've got big plans for it. It's going to be like the life of party when mingling with yogurt, sugar free pudding, my cheesecake recipe... I can even mix it with water and spread it on my cinnamon apple slices! I haven't had peanut butter in years, so the possibilities might just be endless.

Sometimes when you hit a bump in the road, it might just help to mix it up. I'm going to experiment with the recipes. I'll be sure to share my favorites.

(The background music. These chicks like peanut butter too.YouTube - The Liverbirds - Peanut Butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment