Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday, Bloody Wednesday

Last night my son had a school project on Egypt to finish. The assignment was to make a four sided triorama,(to replicate a pyramid), complete with information, "sand", and 3D figurines. We were all up way past bedtime, as if we were actually building a pyramid ourselves, and I think it's safe to say that we, (I mean, he), earned an A.

I was all set to drive him into school, leaving the model unattended for two minutes to find my keys, when I saw something like this, (in figurine reenactment form), upon return.



Oh yes, and he was so proud that he came up with the idea to incorporate red food coloring for blood! He believes he was being all National Geographic realistic to showcase how the Egyptians hunted hippos in The Nile, but I think he went too far for elementary school.

I mean first some cute, young girl is knocking at our door asking if he's home every other day and now this. Where is my little boy who used to call me mommy and run around the house in his Bob the Builder pull ups pretending to fix his toy firetruck? And this weekend he was invited to his first sleep over party at Bryan's house. I don't know this Bryan. For all I know, his parents are out of town and he's planning an all night beer pong tournament complete with kegs, girls, and weed. I think I need to lock him in the house until he's 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment