Monday, December 27, 2010

The Second Time Around

The shopping is done, the cookies have been eaten (just a few), and the vodka has been sampled (once or twice). (Stolichnaya is an excellent Russian product.) And now my stomach a.k.a Fester (as my husband likes to call it), is well, festering. My digestive system can't handle carbs and alcohol separately, so combining them together is a double punch to the gut.

Seems like it's time to stop the abuse and get back a healthier state. Not only that, but there's another race and another cover model contest coming up in the new year and I need to get ready if I'm going to try to do better the second time around.

We saw this video as part of a really cool Christmas light show made up of three houses together (www.rawlsroad.com), projected onto the front of one house with the lyrics popping up on the roof. It's a little weird and techno for Christmas but, nevertheless, memorable. Mostly, I like the song and think the lyrics are motivating. The dance moves are somewhat inspiring too. Who says white girls can't dance?

Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger